We understand that, at some time during the term of your lease, you may wish to alter or make improvements to your office space. We encourage these changes because we want your office to be a pleasant and efficient work place.
The following sections detail established rules that govern such work in our building. Section A lists the items that we require from your firm prior to proceeding; the items in Section B are contractor insurance requirements.
Planning and seeing alterations through to completion can be time consuming and disruptive to the normal output of your office. Many of our tenants have found a solution to this problem by engaging the Landlord to coordinate and supervise alterations. We are available to discuss both major and routine projects. The fee for our professional service is quite reasonable.
General Rules & Regulations
No work can be performed without the prior written approval of the Landlord, and submittal of a valid Certificate of Insurance.
The relocation of your firm is very important and sometimes difficult task. To assist you, we have established a few procedures that will eliminate some of the headaches that you are likely to encounter on moving day. Cick here to download a Moving Policy Form
- Elevator Use:
To ensure an efficient flow of furniture and material, proper scheduling of elevators is a necessity. Elevator reservations will be made through the Property Management Office with a minimum of 48 hours, i.e., 2 business days, prior notice. All moves will take place before 8 A.M. and after 6:00 P.M. during the week or at any time on weekends. A member of your staff must be present to direct the moving company.Once you have established your office at Montgomery Executive Center, we request that you continue to give us 48 hours, i.e., 2 business days, notice prior to any large deliveries
- Keys and After-Hours Security Key Fobs:
Keys to your office and security keys will be turned over to a designated representative of your firm on the day that you are scheduled to move into the building. The keys will be delivered to you. A member of the property management team will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Moving Policy:
To facilitate your move-in and to eliminate any misunderstandings, we strongly urge that you review the attached Moving Policy with the moving company prior to the day of your arrival.
- Loading Dock:
Please advise your movers that all shipments are to enter the building through the Back Entrance, accessed from the Russell Avenue side of the building. Once there, all furniture, files and other items are to be moved through the Back Entrance to the freight elevator.
- Additional Security:
Since the after-hours use of the Back Entrance makes unauthorized entry into the building possible, you may be required to provide a security officer to patrol this area at all times during the move. Arrangements for the service are to be made through the Property Management Office.
- Air conditioning during the move:
Contact the Management Office at least 72 hours in advance for HVAC requirements during your move. Your office lease determines the current hourly rate for overtime HVAC service.
- Cleaning your new office before and after the move:
Prior to the move-in, your new offices will be thoroughly cleaned. On the evening the move-in is completed, our janitorial crew will return to vacuum and pick up minor packing debris. Your moving company should be prepared to fold and remove all packing boxes and other materials. There will be an extra charge if building personnel have to perform this service.
The following rules apply to moving furniture, equipment and supplies in or out of the building.
ANY MOVERS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING RULES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE PREMISES OR WILL BE REQUIRED TO DISCONTINUE THE MOVE.
- Clean masonite sections furnished by the mover will be used as runners on all finished floor areas along the move route. The masonite must be at least one-quarter inch thick, 4′ x 8′ sheets in elevator lobbies and corridors, and 32″ sheets through doors and in tenant space. All sections of masonite must be taped together to prohibit sliding and must be adjusted throughout the move process as needed.
- All walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas along the move route will be inspected by the Building Management and moving company personnel before and after the move. The mover must provide and install protective coverings on all walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas which may be subject to damage. Protective coverings may not be taped directly to painted wall surfaces.
- Any damage to the building or fixtures caused by the move will be repaired or paid for by the moving company.
- Only the freight elevator will be used for the movement of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Large quantities of furniture, equipment or supplies must be moved before 8 A.M. and after 6:00 P.M. on weekdays or on weekends or holidays. Weekday morning moves must be completed by 8 A.M.
- The moving company must make arrangements with the Property Management Office for use of the elevators. A firm arrival time will be established. Any delays caused by late arrival will result in a charge to the moving company of $50.00 per hour.
- The moving company must carry insurance including, but not less than, the following:
- Worker’s Compensation in statutory limits for the State of Maryland with employees liability limit of $100,000; bodily injury; personal injury and property damage liability insurance in comprehensive general liability form and certificate evidencing same and naming Montgomery Center Investors, LP, Madison Marquette, ANICO Eagle, LLC, and American National Insurance Company as additional insureds shall be furnished to the Property Management Office before moving any items into the building. In addition, the moving company must indemnify and save Landlord harmless from and against all claims, demands and causes of action of every kind in character arising in favor of moving company’s employees, Landlord’s employees or other third parties on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or damage to property in any way resulting from willful or negligent acts or omissions of moving company, its agents, employees, representatives or subcontractors.
- The certificate must indicate that a subrogation waiver is in effect for the workers compensation coverage. The moving company shall be responsible for all damages and losses sustained by them to their tools and equipment utilized in the performance of all work thereunder.
- The Comprehensive General Liability insurance policy shall include coverage for hazards of premises, operation, elevators, products and completed operations. Furthermore, the policy shall also include personal injury and contractual liability coverage and designate the assumptions of liability under performance of the act of moving. Such insurance shall be in limits not less than $100,000 per person bodily insurance and personal injury; and $1,000,000 per occurrence in aggregate for property damage. Property damage insurance shall be in broad form, including completed operations.
- Each moving company that moves supplies, furniture and/or equipment through this building shall secure and present to the Property Management a certificate reflecting these coverages no later than 72 hours, i.e., 3 business days, before the move takes place.
- The moving company is responsible for removing from the property all packaging and protective materials used in the move including boxes, cartons, “picture/mirror” cartons, corrugate wrapping, plastic sheeting, paper sheets, styrofoam “peanuts”, etc.
- Cick here to download a Moving Policy Form
As a reminder, Montgomery Executive Center is a non-smoking building. Smoking is prohibited in all common areas of the building, including but not limited to: elevators, stairwells, restrooms, and building entrance areas.
Please smoke in designated smoking areas only.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact the management office at (202) 503-1800.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.